An ear infection is very painful and when the bacteria and virus create infection in the middle ear, the ear infection is made. Chronic infections of the ear can damage the middle ear and inner ear permanently.
Causes of Ear Infection
Swelling or blockage of Eustachian tubes is caused by the fluid built up in the middle ear and this Eustachian tube is connected to the back part of the throat directly. There are many reasons which cause the blockage of the Eustachian tube. These reasons are listed below.
- Getting cold
- Habits of smoking
- Sinus infection
- Swelling and infection of adenoids
- Changes made in air pressure
Risk Factors for Ear Infection
Due to having the narrow Eustachian tube, ear infection affects the young children. Here is given some factors which influence the risk for developing an infection in the ear.
- Changes made in altitude
- Changes made in the climatic condition
- Using pacifier
- Exposure to the smoking of the cigarette
Diagnosis of Ear Infection
There are many efficient ENT specialists in India. You can easily select the best ENT hospital in India, where you can make an appointment with an ENT specialist to examine your ear infection for the diagnosis of the infection in the right way.The otoscope is an instrument which is used to examine the ear for the proper diagnosis. Here is given some possible results of diagnosis of the ear problem.
- Presence of air bubbles, redness or fluid as pass inside the part of the middle ear
- Formation of a perforation in the part of the eardrum
- Draining of fluid from the part of the middle ear
- Getting eardrum bulged or collapsed
If the infection of the ear has been turned in an advanced stage, your ENT specialist will advise you to make the test of the fluid taken from the middle ear for determining the types of bacteria which is present in that fluid. Whether the infection has spread apart from the middle ear or not, can be determined by making Computed Tomography(CT) scan of the head. Lastly, a hearing test can be done for the treatment of the ear infection.
Treatment of the Ear Infection
Mild ear infection can be cured by following the methods which are listed below.
- Application of warm using a cloth to the infected area
- Using the prescribed ear drops by the doctor to get relief from the pain
- Taking the medicines like ibuprofen or acetaminophen
- Using decongestants like pseudoephedrine
If your ear problems get the worst condition, the doctor will prescribe antibiotics for the treatment of your ear infection. When the ear infection will not be cured by normal treatment using the medicines, a surgical procedure is the last option for the treatment of the ear infection.
Effect of Ear Infection
Generally, the ear infection can be cured and there will not cause any effect by the ear infection. But, in some cases, serious complications can be followed as a result of the ear infection. These complications are listed below.
- Getting loss of hearing
- Delaying in speech for the children
- Rupture of eardrum